Jealousy.... is it ever a good thing?

Hello Everyone!! I am back from my little vacation and I know you all cant wait for today's post.  I had a specific post in mind, but I decided to postpone it because a loyal reader sent me a question, so my readers come first!

"Is it ok to want my girlfriend to feel a little jealous?"
Now before I begin, let me say this yet again, I am not a professional and all of my posts are based SOLELY on my personal opinion... ok, here goes...

I think a little jealousy is a good thing in any relationship, and this is based on my enjoying the feeling i get in a relationship when there is a tiny hint of jealousy.  In long term relationships we all get comfortable, and we expect our partners to love us for who we are, and trust us.  Little by little we worry less and less about the competition, and more and more about kids, bills, and making each other happy as a whole, and worry less about who else is out there. THIS IS GREAT, and its what relationships are all about, but we often forget about that thrill we feel when there's a little innocent jealousy.  Its just the way imitation is the best from of flattery, jealousy in very small doses is a very sweet form of admiration.  When we feel a little jealous, we pull ourselves back out of that comfort zone, we worry a tiny bit, we put that little extra effort into the way we look, the meal we prepare, we kiss a little longer, we hug a little tighter... and the best part is, its like medicine, a little goes a long way.  Use it wisely and the results can be great. 

Here are ways that I've used it with success:
  • When someone flirts with me, I choose to TELL my partner all about it
  • Don't feel badly about being flattered, when someone complements me, i smile, blush and even giggle, its OKAY..
  • I elect NOT to hide innocent male acquaintances, its okay to have friends of the opposite sex, and its important for your partner to see you interact with other men/women.  That way you don't become some extension of himself that never speaks to another man, you are a woman and men interact with you in front of him, and even when he is not around.
In this post, I am not telling anyone to go out and try to make their partner jealous, I'm just saying that i happen to believe that a little jealousy can be healthy. 

I cant wait to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

1 Response to Jealousy.... is it ever a good thing?

October 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM

I do believe that a little bit of jealousy is normal in every relationship. It is sort of a form of admiration. Now, people need to remember not to go out intentionally trying to make their partner jealous, because I think that can caus bigger problems in the long run, such as trust issues. Oh, and just a tiny bit of jealousy is healthy and normal...when you get to the point where everything your partner says/does makes you jealous, or if you are being abused because of "jealousy" then those are problems, and help is needed.

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Copyright © 2009 Love Bites All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes